Late-Breaking Submission Deadline
Late-breaking abstracts will be accepted March 4-10 via the online submission portal. Submissions will be accepted in all abstract categories. Abstracts must contain innovative research, not previously submitted to ISCT 2019.
The abstract body cannot exceed 2500 characters (including spaces), exclusive of the title, author block, images, and tables.
ISCT may reject abstracts that are considered inappropriate for any reason. All accepted late-breaking abstracts will be published in the final program.
Abstracts must be submitted via the online Abstract Submission System. Abstracts will NOT be accepted by email, mail, or fax.
Abstract presenters MUST be registered for the meeting. For those requiring acceptance notifications before registering, ISCT will allow up to two weeks after acceptance for these individuals to register.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells
- Engineered Stem Cell Products
- Oncolytic Viruses/Vaccines
- Gene Therapy
- Tissue Engineering
- Solid Organ Targeted Therapy
- Process Development and Facility Operations
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Systems
- Abstracts submitted to the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting are embargoed from other scientific journals or conference presentations from the time of submission.
- For the abstract to be eligible for presentation at the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting, information contained within, as well as additional data and information to be presented about the content, may not be published elsewhere or presented in another journal or conference before the abstract has been published/presented at the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Authors must notify ISCT if, after the submission deadline, the submitted abstract is accepted for publication elsewhere or will be presented before the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting. Publication before the meeting may result in the abstract being removed from the meeting.
- If the Embargo Policy is violated, the abstract may be withdrawn by ISCT from presentation at the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting and from publication in the final program.
*An embargo means that information from any abstract or presentation may not be presented or published in another journal or conference before the embargo date and time.
There are no fees associated with submitting an abstract. Those presenting abstracts will be responsible for their own travel and meeting expenses.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplemental version of Cytotherapy, the official journal of ISCT.
All selected presenters have now been notified of their abstracts acceptance for poster, elevator pitch and poster, or oral presentation at ISCT 2019.
If you submitted an abstract to the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting and have not yet received a response, please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW for 2019 Elevator Pitch Abstract Presentations will allow a select number of poster presenters to showcase their abstract by way of a 2 minute ‘rapid-fire’ oral presentation.
Please note that the deadline to withdraw abstracts from publication has now passed. Abstracts can be withdrawn from conference participation but will be included in the supplemental publication of Cytotherapy.
A select number of awards are available. Three Early Stage Professional awards and three Technologist Awards of $1000 USD each will be selected based on abstract score.
One Top Scoring Abstract award to be selected based on abstract score and one Best Poster award selected on site, both valued at $1,500 USD.
NEW for 2019 one Emerging Economy Abstract Award of $1,000 USD will be selected based on a top scoring abstract from an author residing in a low, lower-middle or upper-middle income country as defined by the World Bank. Eligible countries can be found on the ISCT website.
To be eligible for Abstract Awards, you must be a current ISCT member.
An Early Stage Professional is classified as an individual within 10 years of receiving their terminal degree or entry into the field of cell & gene therapy. Eligibility for the Technologist Award requires the presenter to hold a technical designation (ex. MLS(ASCP) or equivalent). Technologist Award recipients are employed in technical laboratory settings.
Abstract Award recipients will be notified by February 28, 2019.