ISCT invites you to submit abstracts in the following categories for the 2019 Annual Meeting:
- Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells
- Engineered Stem Cell Products
- Oncolytic Viruses/Vaccines
- Gene Therapy
- Tissue Engineering
- Solid Organ Targeted Therapy
- Process Development and Facility Operations
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Systems
The submission deadline for abstracts to the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting has been extended to January 14 at 11:59 pm EST.
New York – Jan 14 at 11:59 pm EST
Los Angeles – Jan 14 at 8:59 pm EST
London – Jan 15 at 4:59 am GMT
Singapore – Jan 15 at 12:59 pm SGT
Tokyo – Jan 15 at 1:59 pm JST
Melbourne – Jan 15 at 3:59 pm AEDT
The abstract body cannot exceed 2500 characters (including spaces), exclusive of the title, author block, images, and tables.
ISCT may reject abstracts that are considered inappropriate for any reason. Abstracts, once submitted, can only be withdrawn from publication no later than February 23, 2019. If not withdrawn by this deadline, all accepted abstracts will be published in the final program.
Abstracts must be submitted via the online Abstract Submission System. Abstracts will NOT be accepted by email, mail, or fax.
Abstract presenters MUST be registered for the meeting. For those requiring acceptance notifications before registering, ISCT will allow up to two weeks after acceptance for these individuals to register.
- Abstracts submitted to the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting are embargoed from other scientific journals or conference presentations from the time of submission.
- For the abstract to be eligible for presentation at the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting, information contained within, as well as additional data and information to be presented about the content, may not be published elsewhere or presented in another journal or conference before the abstract has been published/presented at the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Authors must notify ISCT if, after the submission deadline, the submitted abstract is accepted for publication elsewhere or will be presented before the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting. Publication before the meeting may result in the abstract being removed from the meeting.
- If the Embargo Policy is violated, the abstract may be withdrawn by ISCT from presentation at the ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting and from publication in the final program.
*An embargo means that information from any abstract or presentation may not be presented or published in another journal or conference before the embargo date and time.
There are no fees associated with submitting an abstract. Those presenting abstracts will be responsible for their own travel and meeting expenses.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplemental version of Cytotherapy, the official journal of ISCT.
If you no longer want your abstract to be published in Cytotherapy, you must notify email@example.com no later than February 23, 2019.
Abstract notifications will be sent out to presenters via e-mail by February 15, 2019.
Presenters of selected abstracts will be notified whether their abstract has been selected for oral abstract presentation (limited availability) or poster presentation.
NEW for 2019 Elevator Pitch Abstract Presentations will allow a select number of poster presenters to showcase their abstract by way of a 2 minute ‘rapid-fire’ oral presentation.
Requests to withdraw an abstract must come from the presenting author and contact author (if different) on behalf of all listed authors of the abstract. Through the act of submitting the withdrawal request the presenting author and contact author confirm all listed author’s on the abstract are aware and have approved the withdrawal of the abstract in question.
Note that abstracts can only be withdrawn from publication until February 23, 2019. After this time, abstracts can be withdrawn from conference participation but will be included in the supplemental publication of Cytotherapy.
Requests to withdraw an abstract must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A select number of awards are available. Three Early Stage Professional awards and three Technologist Awards of $1000 USD each will be selected based on abstract score.
One Top Scoring Abstract award to be selected based on abstract score and one Best Poster award selected on site, both valued at $1,500 USD.
NEW for 2019 one Emerging Economy Abstract Award of $1,000 USD will be selected based on a top scoring abstract from an author residing in a low, lower-middle or upper-middle income country as defined by the World Bank. Eligible countries can be found on the ISCT website.
To be eligible for Abstract Awards, you must be a current ISCT member.
An Early Stage Professional is classified as an individual within 10 years of receiving their terminal degree or entry into the field of cell & gene therapy. Eligibility for the Technologist Award requires the presenter to hold a technical designation (ex. MLS(ASCP) or equivalent). Technologist Award recipients are employed in technical laboratory settings.
Abstract Award recipients will be notified by February 28, 2019.